A fashion show without fabric? Sounds like an oxymoron, but it was a reality on April 27 when Poiema Productions put on a show featuring designs made from found materials. Nearly 200 people packed City Life in Leduc for the Fashion for Freedom show and competition. Tessa Stamp, co-owner of Theatre Garage, won the competition and a flight for two anywhere in North America with her elaborate men’s top hat and trenchcoat made from maps. Meanwhile, it was all done for a good cause – artistic director Candice Fiorentino said that the proceeds from the ticket sales and silent auction, which totaled about $6,500, went towards the A21 campaign, a global initiative to end human trafficking. “It’s awesome that I get to do what I love and there’sa purpose behind it,” said Fiorentino.
1. Tanya Anderson and Jessica Corbeil
2. Dannielle Davison and Danine Regenwetter
3. Laura Elgood and Karen Kulyk
4. Jo-Anne Krischke and Greg Krischke
5. Bretton Baynes and Trina Baynes
6. Trevor Compton and Kim Neeser
7. Michaela Blackwood and Kati Olsen
8. Jeremy Blackwood and Jessica Penner
9. Shelby Potts and Beverly Dion
10. Allen Yaciuk, Caitlin Stone and Chris Beck
There are now nine declared candidates. Who has your support?