Edmonton's finest gather for a fashion-filled fundraiser.
By Cory Haller | February 11, 2010
Fashion Show and Gala
The brand new Porsche Centre Edmonton was filled with the fashionistas this past September 11th, for the third annual Uniquely Me fashion show and fundraiser gala. The event raised more than $115,000, which will be used for the programs and services provided by the Edmonton Down Syndrome Society.
The guests, dressed in their best metallic garments to keep with “The Elements” theme of the evening, were treated to food from the Century Hospitality Group, wine and cocktails from Sherbrooke Liquor and decor from Cory Christopher. “Tonight the models on the runway are individuals with Down syndrome, so they’re the stars of the show,” said Avenue Top 40 Under 40 alumna Rowena Cui, event director with PlanIt Sound Inc.
“They’re accompanied by special guest celebrities like our honorary gala chair, and first lady of Edmonton, Sarah Chan, City Councillor Amarjeet Sohi, Author Todd Babiak, and on and on – anybody who is anybody wants to support this event.”
1. Vito Colella and Brittany Ireland
2. Lisa Kohel and Kelly Hilkewich
3. Paula Audrey Rivero and Jon Jon Rivero
4. Lauren Rodych and Kayla Trigiani
5. Monica Sawchyn and Michelle Ponich
6. Alexandra Afzelius and Edmonton Oiler Jesse Joensuu
7. Amor Carandang and Raj Bali
8. Janis Galloway and Caroline Gault
9. Chris Onciul and Karyn Mulcahy
10. Gayle Parks Krupa, David Smythe and Laura Smythe.
If we have a Best Restaurants event this March, would you attend?