Hand-painted teapots sat in the foyer at the entrance of the Hotel Macdonald’s Wedgwood Room. Painted by residents of the Women’s Emergency Accommodation Centre (WEAC), they represented the hope felt by women who benefit from the homeless shelter each year. And the teapots were given to the generous sponsors who helped raise $75,000 at the Sept. 21 fundraiser; the proceeds went directly to E4C’s WEAC.
Co-host Anne McLellan, who has been helping to organize the event for the last three years, was honoured to be a part of the event that drew 120 people. “There are no extra dollars at WEAC – no frills – but your generous donations at WEAC have made a huge difference over the past years,” said the former deputy prime minister.
1. Sandra Woitas and Louise Hayes
2. Chantelle McNichol and Randy Boissonnault
3. Gay Young and Ralph Young
4. Lindsay Daniller and Adele Towns
5. Mary Abbott and Tyrel Abbott
6. Nancy Cranston and Donald Cranston
7. Roger Thomson and Craig Stumpf-Allen
8. Elexis Schloss and Azim Jeraj
9. Shenaz Jeraj and Eric Schloss
10. Theresa Coley, Meghan Biggar and Christine Biggar