Homegrown talent shines at this annual celebration of the arts.
By Eric Silver | February 11, 2010
Bridget Ryan and Mark Meer delighted the crowded Winspear Centre as they hosted the 27th annual Mayor’s Celebration of the Arts. The two staples of Edmonton’s theatre scene bantered playfully between award presentations and artistic performances.
The Professional Arts Coalition of Edmonton (PACE) partners with the Mayor’s office every year to reward excellence in the arts community and secure the bond between it and the business community.
Mayor Don Iveson sat in the orchestra loge with his wife, Sarah Chan, and other esteemed guests. “It’s the best seat in the house, and I have for it for least three more years,” laughed Iveson. “The neat thing is being able to congratulate each winner personally as they walk off the stage.”
1. Geraldine Carr and Gary James Joynes
2. Scott McKeen and Carla Stolte
3. Chelsea Boos and Sean Bliss
4. Jesse Szymanski and Ashley Barlow
5. Mitch Holtby and Ashleigh Brown
6. Doug Organ and Chris Szott
7. Minister of Culture and Community Spirit Heather Klimchuk and Daniel Cournoyer
8. Giselle Lemire and Ariane Mehryke Lemire
9. Robert Westbury and Marilyn Westbury
10. Ceileigh Cunningham, David Cunningham and Rebecca Palmer