Real estate agent Robert McLeod helped open An Evening with Oprah at Rexall Place
Photography by Terri Belley
When real estate agent Robert McLeod got a phone call at 6:45 a.m. on January 9, itwasn’t an emergency, but his heart still pounded hard for several minutes afterwards. He was askedto be one of the speakers to open An Evening with Oprah at Rexall Place and quickly said “yes.” Twelve days later, 60 friends and colleagues gathered to celebrate at a pre-party catered by A Cappella Catering at Odvod Publishing’s office. McLeod left early to prepare for the event, where he shared the stage with Global news anchor Carole Anne Devaney, Gary Mayzes, Western Regional Director at CIBC, and Richard Dolan of REIN, who all spoke before the Queen of Talk took the stage in front of a sold-out Rexall Place. “My team’s enthusiasm was like a spark to a flame. Once I saw their reactions I knew it was bigger than I originally thought. To say you shared the stage with Oprah is right up there,” says McLeod.
1. Orville Chubb and Marianne Dobslaw
2. Philip Vander Ziel and Sandy Vander Ziel
3. Brian Menges and Gay Andrews
4. Lauren LaBossiere and HannahLaBossiere
5. Jill LaBossiere and Cindi Cunningham
6. Jay Herrick and Kristy Herrick
7. Misty Pruner and Jerald Pruner
8. Jane Barlow and Samantha Barros
9. Paige Meyer and Keegan Andreas
10. Keyla Ohs and Erin Slade
If you can get vaccinated before the end of summer, will you consider going on vacation?