Recipe Courtesy of Jean-Francois Fortin at Workshop Eatery
- 1 oz. Jose Cuervo Especial
- 0.25 oz. Montelobos Mezcal
- 0.75 oz. Aperol
- 1.5 oz. fresh pressed grapefruit juice
- 0.5 oz. fresh pressed lime juice
- 1 oz. grapefruit-jalapeño reduction
- 0.5 oz. simple syrup
- Smoked grapefruit salt mix for the rim
- Dehydrated grapefruit wheel to garnish
1. Take a clean, polished rocks glass and dip the rim in lemon juice, then in the smoked grapefruit salt mix.
2. Mix all ingredients in a shaker filled with ice cubes; shake for 10-12 seconds.
3. Strain and pour on ice into the glass; garnish with a full dehydrated grapefruit wheel.
- 500 ml fresh pressed grapefruit juice
- 100 mg white sugar
- 16 grams fresh green jalapeño, chopped, seedless
- 4 grams red jalapeño, seedless
Mix together and bring to a gentle boil until reduced by half; give it a good blitz with a hand mixer or blender. Strain the syrup with a very fine strainer to collect the pulp from the jalapeño.
Grapefruit Salt Mix
- 100 mg smoked sea salt
- 50 mg dehydrated grapefruit dust
- Dehydrated grapefruit wheel
Slice grapefruit into 1/8-inch slices; place in dehydrator at 135 degrees Fahrenheit for 24 hours (or at 150 degrees Fahrenheit in a conventional oven for 16 hours).
2003 91 St. SW, 780-705-2205, theworkshopeatery.com