If you’re looking to get in the team spirit – or simply enjoy a fantastic cocktail – this Oilers-inspired libation, named for rookie Kailer Yamamoto, is a must try.
Recipe courtesy of Andre Bober at Baijiu
Recipe: Yamamoto Fizz
- 1½ oz. Alberta Premium Dark Horse Rye
- ½ oz. Giffard Creme de Myrtille Blueberry Liqueur
- ½ oz. lavender syrup
- ¾ oz. lemon juice
- zest of one orange peel
- egg white
- soda water
- Combine rye, blueberry liqueur, lavender syrup, lemon juice, orange zest and egg white in a shaker tin
- Dry shake ingredients for 15 seconds.
- Add ice and shake vigorously for another 15 seconds.
- Take a tall Collins glass and add a splash of water to the bottom of the glass
- Strain drink into the glass.
- Add soda to shaker tin and top off the drink until full.
- Garnish with an orange peel shaped like an Oilers “oil drop” and a blue flower petal.
Recipe: Lavender syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp lavender
- Combine water, sugar and fresh or dried lavender in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves, then simmer for one minute.
- Remove from heat and let syrup steep, about 30 minutes; then strain and let cool.
10359 104 St., 780-421-7060, baijiuyeg.com
Like this content? Get more delivered right to your inbox with Ed. Eats
Sip and savour highlights for local eats. Delivered every Thursday.