Winners of the First Alberta Beer Awards
By Avenue Staff | May 30, 2018
Light Hoppy Sessionable Beer
- Plains breaker from Banded Peak Brewing(Calgary)
- Blindman River Session Ale from Blindman Brewing (Lacombe)
- Nine Mile Session Ale from Dog Island Brewing (Slave Lake)
Brewery of the Year
Points are awarded for ranking in categories only (not best of show). Five points were given for each first place finish, two points for each second place and one point for third place.
- Blind Enthusiasm Brewing Company (Edmonton)
- Alley Kat Brewing Company (Edmonton)
- Blindman Brewing (Lacombe)
- Troubled Monk Brewery (Red Deer)
This article appears in the June 2018 issue of Avenue Edmonton.
Like this content? Get more delivered right to your inbox with Ed.Eats
Every Tuesday, a list of what's delicious, delectable and delightful.